Thursday, December 15, 2011

End of first semester google project.

It's difficult to say where I stand upon the project. It's a great idea and it's given me time and incentive to do something that I've always wanted to do. There have been problems such as broken guitar necks, strings, neck size and even time in which to practice, but I at least learned something. I take it for granted that I only have to coordinate one hand and my lips, coordinating my left hand with a rhythm is entirely new for me, and for the first few weeks I struggled immensely keeping my left hand in tandem with my right while skipping strings and moving my fingers blindly, it takes a lot of practice. I had to and need to keep practice each new note until I know it by muscle memory, which took a lot of practicing. Unfortunately, I didn't have such vast spaces of time during the past month, and my practice schedule was thrown out the window. I did learn quite a few things though, don't ever buy a guitar without checking the neck size (thank goodness mine was a rental) and that I really enjoy playing the guitar and I want to play more. If we were to get another semester of google project time, I would most definitely practice more and obtain the goals I set forth for myself. The Google project was enjoyable and exciting, I want to be able to experience it again.

1 comment: